Egnyte is an enterprise file sharing and collaboration tool that allows users to securely access, share and collaborate with colleagues and partners from any device. OneDrive is a secure file access, sharing and storage solution that enables users to store and share photos, videos, documents, and more from any device, anytime.
Today, many personal or business users have problems with Egnyte and OneDrive. There is a lot of data in Egnyte that needs to be migrated to OneDrive, but there is no suitable method and tool to support it.
MultCloud can help companies save a lot of time and money by migrating large files and large amounts of data from Egnyte to OneDrive or OneDrive for Business. If your company plans to move files from Egnyte to OneDrive for Business/Office 365, please continue reading this guide to learn how MultCloud's platform automates the entire migration process.
Preparations for Egnyte to OneDrive Migration
If your Egnyte has a lot of data and involves a lot of permission issues, Egnyte migration to OneDrive can be a daunting task. Therefore, before you start, you'd better do the following:
1. Run a speed test by going to https://.egnyte.com/speed-test/. This will check the available bandwidth from the local server to the cloud. This doesn't guarantee throughput speed, but it will at least give you a baseline.
2. To classify the data in Egnyte, you need to know which ones are extremely important and which ones need to be deleted. And make sure to create users and groups for your domain in Egnyte for easy batch migration.
3. Ensure that Egnyte and OneDrive can log in to avoid timely response to transmission errors.
4. Check out the MultCloud product guide and MultCloud FAQ to get a basic understanding of the tool.
5. Communicate with your users to help them understand the migration process. They can continue to use the data on the source for standard day-to-day file system activities. But it is critical not to move, rename, or delete large datasets during the data migration process. This type of activity can seriously compromise the success of the migration and the integrity of the final dataset.
How to Migrate Egnyte to OneDrive?
When everything is ready, you can use MultCloud to do data migration. After adding Egnyte and other cloud drive accounts to MultCloud, you will find it easy to manage Egnyte and other cloud drives (such as OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Dropbox Business, SharePoint Online, Wasabi, etc.) with just one interface.
In particular, you can not only perform basic functions like download, delete, share, but also use advanced functions (Cloud Transfer, Team Transfer, Cloud Sync, Cloud Backup) to transfer, sync, and backup to other clouds, etc. from Egnyte.
- Quickly transfer files across clouds: MultCloud provides you with leading data migration speeds, allowing you to transfer data from one cloud to another as quickly as possible, such as OneDrive, NAS, Amazon S3, Google Drive, MEGA, Dropbox, and more.
- Sync data seamlessly between clouds: Provides 10 useful sync modes for you to sync files and folders from one cloud to another, such as sync Egnyte to OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, MEGA, etc.
- Easily backup files between clouds: Back up different types of data directly from one cloud to another and restore data in a few clicks if the original data is lost.
- Directly parsing URLs, torrent files or magnet links to cloud drives: MultCloud can help you download your favorite movies or comics to cloud drives without downloading other parsing tools, such as downloading torrent files directly to MEGA cloud.
Now, follow the steps below to quickly and safely transfer data from Egnyte to OneDrive.
Step 1. Sign up for MultCloud - Free
MultCloud is an online cloud storage manager, to use it, first, you must create an account.
Step 2. Add Egnyte and OneDrive Accounts to MultCloud
After creating an account, log into their platform. In the main panel, click the "Add Cloud" tab at the top and select the cloud brand you want to include. Then, follow the simple guide to add Egnyte and OneDrive.
Note: You can only add one cloud account at a time, so you'll need to repeat the process to add other clouds.
Step 3. Migrate Egnyte to OneDrive with Cloud Transfer
Now, go to the "Cloud Transfer" tab and specify the source and destination as Egnyte and OneDrive respectively. Finally, click on "Transfer Now".
- "Cloud Transfer" not only lets you transfer certain files from Egnyte to your OneDrive account, but also transfers all files from Egnyte to OneDrive.
- If needed, you can set OneDrive as the source and Egnyte as the destination to migrate OneDrive to Egnyte.
- If you have very large data to transfer, for super-fast transfer speeds, you can upgrade your account to a premium account so that MultCloud uses 10 threads to transfer your files across clouds.
- If you need to delete source files after migrating Egnyte to OneDrive, simply check "Delete all source files after transfer is complete" in the "Options" window.
Further Reading: Migrate Egnyte to OneDrive for Business
If you are an administrator of Egnyte and OneDrive for Business and want to transfer data between these two business clouds, you can also use MultCloud's "Cloud Transfer" feature to easily migrate data from Egnyte to OneDrive for Business. You just need to add your OneDrive for Business account to MultCloud in advance and the steps are as simple as above.
Following the above way, you can easily migrate Egnyte to OneDrive, which can save you a lot of time. In addition to the "Cloud Transfer" function, MultCloud can also perform cloud-to-cloud sync via "Cloud Sync". If you're syncing Egnyte to OneDrive, you can take advantage of this feature.
As a browser application, MultCloud requires no download and installation, so you can save a lot of local disk space. MultCloud can be applied to all operating systems such as Windows PC & Server, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android, and Chrome OS; and all devices, including desktops, laptops, iPads, mobile phones, and more.