Why are WordPress backups important?
Why should you back up WordPress site? Actually it’s not just a simple option, it’s a vital necessity. Here are two main reasons:
- There could be a software or hardware failure on the machine running your website sometimes, which is out of your control. In this situation, a backup will help you restore it to some known previous state.
- Similarly, in case that your site gets hacked and you need restoration.
What should be backed up?
A WordPress website consists of files as well as database. According to the official WordPress documentation, files include:
- WordPress Core Installation
- WordPress Plugins
- WordPress Themes
- Images and Files
- Additional Files and Static Web Pages
Where can I save backups?
Keeping a regular backup locally on the server can avoid some disasters. But it seems better to have an extra at a remote location. Although more and more online storage services come to the market nowadays, Amazon S3 will be the one recommended here.
What attract S3 users may be:
- Use standards-based REST and SOAP interfaces designed to work with any Internet-development toolkit.
- Buckets are the fundamental container in Amazon S3 for data storage. You’re able to upload as many objects as you like. Each object can contain up to 5TB of data.
- Grant or deny access to others who want to upload/download data. Authentication mechanisms will keep data secure from unauthorized access.
Which app is the best to backup WordPress site to S3?
A good app that realizes WordPress backup to S3 should at least have following features:
- Across several different hosting providers.
- Can run schedule tasks even send a notification e-mail.
- Supports sending backup files by FTP.
How to backup WordPress to S3 using MultCloud
WordPress backup to Amazon S3 can be done just within 3 steps using MultCloud. Above all, create an account or experience without signing up.
Second, add cloud drives. As known, FTP is used to upload/transfer files to the website. Thus, WordPress backup to S3, in other words, means an integration of FTP and Amazon S3. (get your S3 key)
Then, combination is finished! Now you can transfer or sync files by directly dragging target files to S3. Another method is to employ copy options from contextmenu like copy&paste in Windows.
Of course, schedule transmission won’t be missed. Please refer to scheduled FTP trasnfer.
Besides, when you are looking for any document urgently, type the keywords or even the suffix in the search box. MultCloud will search across clouds immediately. As for data safety, MultCloud is based on OAuth -- a standard authorization framework that permits third-party applications to access multiple cloud accounts without username and password required. In addition, website connect as well as data transfer use 256-bit AES encryption for SSL. Meanwhile, your data won’t be cached on its servers.