Why add Flickr to Wordpress?
What’s the destination that people decide to add Flickr to Wordpress? At first, I want to say, there are many users of Wordpress and Flickr. In modern society, people take many interesting and meaningful photos everyday. If we store all these photos in local hard disk, the computer will be full very soon. Thanks to the development of technology, we can store them in the cloud now. Save files in cloud can be touched everywhere. When it comes to cloud, Yahoo Flickr app is a great choice. It is not only a picture storage service, but also a picture edit online service. In the cloud field, Flickr focus on saving pictures as well as videos. In the picture field, Flickr is professional with rich experience.
And today, many people have their own WordPress websites. They write dairies and share thoughts here. Picture worth thousands of words. If we can add Flickr to Wordpress, our site will be more colorful. So, is there a way to import Flickr to Wordpress directly?
Integrate Flickr to Wordpress by MultCloud
Although you could Insert Flickr photos into WordPress by uploading links. In Wordpress, you can’t see all images in Flickr unless you uploaded all. Now MultCloud realized Flickr Wordpress integration, we have no such headache situation.
MultCloud is a web-based cloud management application which allows users to transfer, sync files across cloud services. MultCloud supports 30 clouds currently including Flickr and FTP(Wordpress).
To start MultCloud, you have two ways: sign up and Experience without signing up. MultCloud is free to start. If you select the latter way, you can bundle your own email address later.
In MultCloud, add Flickr and FTP one by one. To add Flickr, don’t need to input any information because Flickr supports OAuth authorization system. Following are some notices you should know earlier.
- 1. You can only transfer pictures or videos to Flickr.
- Folders can only be transferred to "Albums" directory and there can not be subdirectories under "Albums" directory.
- Files can only be transferred to "My Photostream" or "Albums" directory you create.
- All your files can be found in "My Photostream" directory.
- All files under "Albums" directory are referenced to "My Photostream" directory.
- When you delete a file under "Albums" directory, in fact, you just remove the file from "Albums" directory, however, it still exists under "My Photostream" directory.
- When you delete a file under "My Photostream", corresponding file under "Albums" directory will be deleted.
- Album directory must have at least one file.
- When creating a folder under "Albums" directory, MultCloud will add newest file that you uploaded to your Flickr to it automatically.
To add FTP, you should enter server, username, password, etc information. But MultCloud doesn’t store your data, because MultCloud isn’t a storage.
Now that you have finished Flickr Wordpress integration, you can see all pictures in Flickr in MultCloud window. You can transfer files from Flickr to Wordpress directly in MultCloud. Under Cloud Explorer, you can copy & paste photos in Flickr to Wordpress.