What Is Cloud Migration?
Cloud migration is to move files/folders, documents/sheets, photos/pictures, movies/videos, applications, database, etc. data from one cloud drive storage to another cloud drive storage; such as migrate OneDrive to Dropbox, migrate Evernote to Google Drive, Amazon cloud migration, or migrate files from one Google Drive account to another.
Why Need to Migrate from One Cloud to Another?
Lift and shift cloud migration
Usually, people need to move data from one cloud storage to another for they want to shift from current cloud to a new one, usually an advanced and more satisfied cloud brand or cloud account. Then, they will abandon the old cloud drive. Thus, they have to transfer all their files to the destination cloud.
Cloud workload migration
Except for that, there are still other reasons for users to do data migration between cloud storages. Such as, they want to release the burden of the current cloud drive since the free storage is limited for one cloud drive account; they need another copy of certain important items to be saved in another place; they want to share a large amount of memories with families or close friends; etc.
Free Cloud Migration Methodology - MultCloud
Cloud migration benefits - To move/backup files from original cloud to destination cloud, you need a cloud migration product or a cloud migration service to help you directly migrate these data quickly and easily. Otherwise, you have to first of all download these files from source cloud drive to local device, then upload those files from local device to the new cloud storage. This is time-consuming and troublesome. Therefore, pick up a cloud migration software to help you with cloud data migration work is the best cloud migration strategy.
There are many cloud migration solutions online; excellent or general, charging or free. Next, I will introduce you with a free cloud migration tool called – MultCloud among list cloud migration tools.
Brief Introduction to MultCloud
MultCloud, cloud migration specialist, is a web-based cloud drive account manager. It enables you to manage multiple cloud drives in one place just like in Windows Explorer. Linking all your cloud accounts, you can migrate files from any one of your cloud drive to another; transfer photos from source cloud to destination cloud; sync data between two cloud storages and so on.
In general, move your files from one account to another is a piece of cake for it.
How to Migrate Cloud Data with MultCloud?
Here, let’s take migrate Google Drive to Dropbox for cloud migration best practice. Following are cloud migration steps/process.
Create MultCloud Account
To make use of this powerful and stable cloud migration toolkit, you should first of all create an account of it from this sign up page. Follow the guidance to finish your account creation.
After you successfully created your MultCloud account, you will be automatically signed in to the software page.
Click on “Add Clouds” tab on the top and select “Dropbox” in the cloud drive list below.
In the next window, choose “Add Dropbox Account”. In case you do not have a Dropbox account, you can create one from here.
Then, sign in your Dropbox account to link with MultCloud, cloud migration approach.
Application assessment for cloud migration: MultCloud would like to access the files and folders in your Dropbox; just Allow it.
Finally, you will see Dropbox lies in your MultCloud account’s cloud drive list on the left of Cloud Explorer tab.
Tips: Google Drive has been added into MultCloud platform the similar way as Dropbox.
Migrate Data between Clouds
In Cloud Transfer tab, specify the first source cloud drive as GDrive while the second destination cloud storage as Dropbox. Then, click “Transfer Now”.
1. You can specify how the files been migrated; whether to keep source files after transmission; email notification after transmission as well as which kind of files been migrated (by filtering a certain file extension) in Options window.
2. If you just keep a backup of files to another cloud or just share some files to another cloud, you must uncheck “Delete all source files after transfer is complete.” Or, make use of “Cloud Sync” feature of MultCloud.
3. What’s more? You can also setup a schedule to run such cloud data migration regularly every day, every week or every month.
4. Finally, you can rename this task next to schedule settings (here is Task 2 in default).
You are able to view the tasks list by clicking the little icon on the upper right.
Finally, you can view the migrated items in your Dropbox.
1. If you can’t see them, just take your patience for it may take some time to finish the migration task. The required time depends on how many data you are transferring.
2. If you still can’t see the target files in your Dropbox, just refresh your browser and you will see them. Still not? Transfer once again.
As a cloud migration service provider, MultCloud is one of the free best cloud migration tools for cloud data migration, cloud database migration, cloud files/folders migration, enterprise cloud migration, public cloud migration, private cloud migration, cloud storage migration, etc. It is strongly recommended for you to do migration work between clouds!
You may also like
- Cloud to Cloud Data Migration Free Tool - MultCloud
- Best Cloud Storage Files Transfer Service - Multcloud
- How to Transfer Files/Photos from Dropbox to My Computer/PC?